Friday, October 3, 2008

Inspired by Nature....

I am having so much fun with the stamp set "Inspired by Nature" This is a card we made at last month's Stampers Club meeting using the stamp set and a technique called Faux Silk (instructions below) I also used the the "To You from Me' stamp from the Hostess set Best Yet and the Background stamp "Sanded"

Faux Silk Technique

1. On a piece of white tissue paper I stamped the cone flowers with Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Close to Cocoa.

2. While it was drying I stamped the grass image with Kiwi Kiss on Very Vanilla Cardstock.

3. When the tissue image was dry I crumpled it up and then flattened it out. I covered the Vanilla cardstock panel with a glue stick and gently pressed the tissue paper image overtop, trimming the extra tissue paper away.

Although it's hard to see the texture in the picture it's a really nice technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment