Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Close as a Memory....


Here is a super quick and simple sympathy card I made with the Close as Memory Stamp set and Kraft, Night of Navy and Bashful Blue colours. I used the Popping Pastels technique (described below) which gives the card a really soft look. I finished the card off with a knot.
Popping Pastels technique:
1. Stamp image on confetti white cardstock with Versamark Watermark ink.
2. Pick up some pastels in your chosen colour with a small pom pom. I chose Bashful Blue and Mellow Moss for this card.
3. Dab the pastel over the versamark image. The colour will stick. Brush over the image lightly with a clean tissue to remove excess chalk.
If you rub instead of dab you will have more of a colour shadow around your image, which looks great too but I did not do it with this card.

1 comment:

  1. Nice card and I like the technique, it sounds quick and easy.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete