Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Upsy Daisy....


I had a nice day of stamping yesterday, with Mary finally back at school so I made a point of stamping with some stamp sets that I haven't used in a while. I love Upsy Daisy but because I have had it a long time it tends to be put to the bottom of my stamp sets to be neglected for some newer stamp sets.


Inking this stamp to get this effect takes only a minute. First I inked the whole stamp in Daffodil Delight. I then used a sponge dauber to randomly add some Tangerine Tango ink to the flowers. Next I used a Q-tip to remove the ink from the stems and coloured the stems with an Old Olive marker. I then huffed on the stamp and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. I know that this technique sounds time consuming, but it's not and I love the effect. I finished off the card with the sentiment in black and Daffodil Delight Button.

3 comments:

  1. How effective that extra bit of colour in the flowers - very nice! There's just no end of fun (and simple) techniques you share with us - thanks Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How effective and enriching is that added bit of colour to the flowers - very nice! We love and appreciate the many (and simple) tips you give us. Thanks Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just taking some time to go through the cards and this is a really nice idea with great results.

    ReplyDelete