Monday, July 6, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly



This is a card similar to one I saw in a magazine awhile back but I changed a few things and re-created it with the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set. I stamped and embossed it on vellum and then used sponge daubers to apply Green Galore, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay ink to the back. When that was dry I carefully cut them out and glued them (just a tiny strip of glue in the center so you don't see the glue through the vellum) onto white cardstock squares that were layered with the co-ordinating colours. I glued little half pearls from the Pretties kit in the center. I think this card is really bright and summery. The best part is that it will be the last time I will have to trim stamped images from this set because there is now a Butterfly Punch (page 187 in the new catalogue) that works perfectly with this set and mine will be here next week!

I would like to thank everyone who came out to my new Catalogue Extravaganza on Saturday. I had a great time and I hope you all did too! The winner of my grand door prize was Mona M! Congratulations Mona! There were a few stamp sets that did not sell in my auction so I thought I would draw names for some of those so I can pass them on to a new home! So below are a list of winners!
  • Grand Prize - Mona M
  • Claudette H. - Merci stamp set
  • Josee S. - Congratulations stamp set
  • Tina C - Darling Dots stamp set
  • Debbie W - All In a Row stamp set
  • Sue T - Holiday Wishes stamp set
  • Sharlene L - A Little Note of Thank Mini Notecard kit
  • Christine Cook - Birthdays Count Mini Notecard kit

No comments:

Post a Comment