Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Summer x 3

Often when I am making a card I go through several stage to make the card exactly what I want. I start out simple, with simple colours and keep adding to it until I think it's perfect. This month at my Stampers Clubs I did a set of projects showing how different a card looks as you add more details/colours/embellishments to a card.


This is a super simple card with limited colours and embellisments. On this card I used:
-Sweet Summer stamp set(which you can earn FREE for spending $60 out of the catalogue)
-So Happy for You Stamp Set (Sale-abration)
-Beautiful Wings embosslits die
-Pretty ink Pink, Very Vanilla cardstock
-Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink
-Pretty in Pink Stampin Write Marker
-Pearl Jewel
For card # 2 I added a few details to make it different (some are hard to see in the scan) First I added a layer of Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the pink berries on the background and third I sponged some pretty in pink ink around the butterfly to help it "pop" a bit.
For the third card I added a few more items to make the card a bit more interesting. First I added a small Pink Piroutte mini butterfly to the center of the larger butterfly. Second I added several mini pearl jewels around the background. And third I layered the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border (which was cut in half lengthwise) to add a scallop border to the sentiment.

Sale-a-bration is my favourite time of the year because I just love getting FREE stuff. It's also a great time to host a workshop because you get even more FREE stuff. Contact me (s-pdavid@sympatico.ca ) for more details.
My last order of the month is going in next Saturday so if there is anything you need, please get your order to me before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment