Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers Autumn Tree....

I just love the tree from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set and thought it would look awesome with some fall colours. This tree took a few extra minutes to colour but it is so worth it (looks even better in person!)

First I inked the whole Tree with Creamy Caramel Ink. I then took a damp q-tip and removed the colour from all the leaves. Then I coloured all the leaves with a Summer Sun Marker. Finally I dotted (tapped) the leaves with a Real Red marker. I huffed on the stamp and stamped it onto Very Vanilla cardstock. While you could colour the stamp completely with markers I found it a lot easier to do it this way because it's almost impossible to colour all those thin branches of the tree with the Caramel marker without "contaminating" the leaves with that colour.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    Beautiful card, gorgeous colours...one heck of a lot of work though!!!
    Christine C

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing. I also love these tree stamps.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice card. Love the tree just in time for the fall. Nice job

    ReplyDelete