Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Harvest Halloween


I used three stamp sets to make this card: Wicked Cool for the spider web, Grateful Greetings for, well, the greeting and Autumn Harvest for the pumpkins. What I love about the Autumn Harvest stamp set is that the faces for the pumpkins is a seperate stamp so you can just make a nice traditional fall scene with pumpkins, leaves and squash or you can add the faces for Halloween.

I used white craft ink to stamp the webs on black. It's the only way to get ink to show up on black cardstock unless you emboss in white. The pumpkins were stamped in black and then I used classic ink (More Mustard, Tangerine Tango) and an aqua painter to colour them. I used a sponge dauber and black ink to sponge around the white piece I stamped the sentiment on. I think it gives that instant Halloween look if you sponge things with black!

No comments:

Post a Comment