Monday, September 13, 2010

"Autumn Harvest" Leaves

I love stamps with leaves on them, especially in the fall because you get to colour them some fun colours. This card took a little bit of extra work. First I have to stamp and emboss all the leaves in the shape of a wreath. I used Black Craft ink and Clear embossing powder for the stamping. To get them in the shape of a wreath I punched out a circle and stamped the leaves around the punch out. This took a few tries to get it looking the way I wanted it. I ended up creating a mask (stamping the image on a post it note, cutting it out on the lines) and placing it on the leaf image I was stamping next to so the leaves wouldn’t over stamp each other.

To colour the leaves I put a few drops of More Mustard ink refill on a tile and then I dipped a small watercolour brush into Champagne Mist shimmer paint. I mixed it in with the More Mustard ink and painted the leaves. I then did the same thing with Cajun Craze ink, adding just a bit more to the leaves to give the leaves a two tone look.

To finish off this card I coloured a Vanilla Taffeta ribbon with a More Mustard Stampin Write Marker. Other items used on this card were the Sanded Background stamp, Cajun Craze and More Mustard Classic inks, gold brads and the Ticket Corner Punch.

My next orders for this month are going in on Saturday September 18th and Sunday September 26th. If there is anything you need please get your order into me before these dates. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh ... the artist at work ... with rich, classic and classy results! A lovely salute to fall and to your abilities! Thanks for sharing all the inspiration (and directions) with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great Thanksgiving card for sure!
    Helene

    ReplyDelete