Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just Believe in Brights...


When I first started making this card I pulled out my typical autumn colours (Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and More Mustard) mostly because I feel ""Just Believe is a very elegant stamp set and needed elegant colours. Of course I changed my mind and you can see the finished product here.


I stamped the circle stamp with every colour in the Brights colour family and then set them out to see which colours would pop together. In the end I chose Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango. I punched the circles with a 1 3/8 circle punch and layered them onto circles I cut out with the Circles #2 Sizzix die. The card is finished with a sentiment (from the Level 3 Hostess set Simply Sent Cute as a Button) stamped in black and a corner rounder punch.

Let me know which colours you are reaching for when you go to stamp and I will enter you into a draw to win a kit to make 5 of the card shown (with lots of different bright colours!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to make a bird house with my daughter this weekend and my color are going to be melon mambo, old olive, what color do I make the bird...well how about pacific point? Sounds good. I will be using the two-step bird punch.

    Gisele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love melon mambo lots but lately I have been making baby shower gifts with pink, pink and more pink since I may have to go to a bunch of baby showers all for little girls.

    CeeJay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,

    I love the Concord Crush with the pear pizzazz on whisper white. Even though I still love pink Pirouette and try and throw that in where-ever possible!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color combination: Crumb cake, Baja breeze, very vanilla and early espresso. Pure elegance is what comes to mind!
    Helene

    ReplyDelete