Thursday, August 13, 2009

Baroque Motifs

Baroque Motfis is definitely one of the most popular stamp sets in the catalogue and I just love the elegant feel it gives to all the cards I make with it. This is a card I made for a wedding a few months ago and love all the soft colours together (Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla). This card was inspired by a card I saw online, quite a while ago so I can't take full credit for designing it.

One of my favourite techniques, that I learned recently, is is crushing the jumbo eyelets (with a Crop-a-Dile) and just attaching to your card by looping and tying ribbon through them. It is so much easier than punching a hole and setting the eyelet because this way you can put the eyelet anywhere. Plus it makes the ribbon easier to tie which I know many of you appreciate.

Supplies used to make this card:
  • Baroque Motifs stamp set
  • Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla cardstock
  • Mellow Moss Classic Ink
  • Pretty in Pink Stampin Write Marker (for colouring flowers)
  • Pretties Kit (flowers)
  • Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla Taffeta
  • Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    What an absolutely gorgeous card! Really elegant and an eye-catcher.
    Christine Co

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the mellow moss colour, so many things on my list to order. Just waiting for the club to start!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this one. I might make it for my grandma's birthday.
    CeeJay

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card. The colours are so soft.One of my favorits. Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the eyelet with the ribbon and the flowers placed on the baroque motif. It looks really sharp.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete