Thursday, August 6, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly - Distressed!

Sometimes I love to "distress" designer paper. This pumpkin pie paper is from the Razzleberry Lemonade collection and already has a slight distressed look to it. I dampened a sanding block (page 188) and sanded the corners of the paper to reveal a bit of the white core. I glued this piece to an Apricot Appeal card and pierced all around the card using Stampin Up's piercing guide.

Supplies used on this card:
  • Flight of the Butterfly stamp set
  • Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie cardstock
  • Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Paper
  • Apricot Appeal buttons
  • Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink
  • Staz On Black ink
  • Piercing Guide
  • Sanding blocks
  • Butterfly Punch

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    Love the card but again, really love the colours. The button accents look great. I would like to know more about "distressing" paper.
    Christine Co

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not to sure of the distressing but the card is beautiful. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Flight of the Butterfly is a nice stamp set.
    I may be getting that one in the near future!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the distressing, it looks like suede.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie
    All my cards are 'distressed' lol. Love it.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way the saying is in a swirl. It is on my list of stamps to buy. Distressing always add character to a card.

    Alice Lavallee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, you created a beautiful card! I may have to "borrow" your idea for a card class but will give you full credit!

    ReplyDelete