Saturday, August 1, 2009

Leaf Lines card....

This is one of the cards I made using the new Leaf Lines stamp set (and Fifth Avenue Floral for the verse) from the new catalogue. It was one of many stamp sets in the new catalogue that caught my eye as a MUST HAVE! I used Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive on this card, colouring the leaves with Classic Inks and a blender pen.

What I really love about this card is the textured background I made with the Big Shot and the Sizzix Stampin Up Perfect Details Texturz plate! I then pierced it to give it a totally different look!

Totally off topic, we had a Garage sale this morning at my parents and although we got rid of lots of stuff we still have lots of DVD's left (obviously we buy too many...lol!) Mary is saving her money for a DSI so if anyone is interested please let me know! We were selling them for $5 but I will sell them for $4 each or 3 for $10. Please e-mail me and let me know!

Strawberry Shortcake – Dress Up Days
Strawberry Shortcake – Best Pets Yet
Strawberry Shortcake – Seaberry Beach Party
Strawberry Shortcake – Let’s Dance
My Little Pony – A Very Pony Place
My Little Pony - The Runaway Rainbow
Barbie and the Diamond Castle
Barbie – Mariposa
Barbie – Mermaidia
Barbie as the Island Princess
Barbie – Magic of the Rainbow
Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses
Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus

Some words of advice:

When you are outside drinking your coffee in your Timmies travel mug be sure to look at the mug before you take a drink. Because I failed to do this I now have several ant bites on my lip and tongue. Nothing like a mouth full of ants to teach you this very valuable lesson. Plus me spitting and trying to scrape the ants out of my mouth with my shirt probably scared off some garage sale shoppers!

8 comments:

  1. love the colours. love the stamp. it is a must have for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a very nice card, it looks like it would be a great man's card.

    CeeJay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the back ground.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, like the colours! And I like the ideas it gives me in using the polka dot background stamp ... e.g., dry embossing or heat embossing ... or maybe even piercing. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the colours and the background on this card. I also love its eye appeal because of the simplisity (Spelling?)of its design...what I mean is that it is not too busy or fussy!
    Christine Co

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple yet elegant card. The leaf really adds some pizzaz to the card.

    Alice Lavallee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you all, Stephanie. Just a afternoon in one of your classes would be nice. Your classes are always fun and so much to learn, good people...liz in NS

    ReplyDelete
  8. just looked through all your old cards. absolutely wonderful, Steph. How I miss your classes. I also have been putting off buying Holiday Lineup. I must order it. any used stamps for sale $ plus shipping to NS. Take care old friend. liz

    ReplyDelete