Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Night of Navy Card

I promised a blue card yesterday so I made this quick card yesterday to fulfill that promise. I used the Sweet Snowglobe stamp for the main image, colouring the tree and the house inside with a Always Artichoke and Night of Navy Marker before stamping. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter for the snow.

Also used on this card were the Ticket Corner Punch, Northern Frost embossing folder, Bright Christmas stamp set ("Winter Wonderland), White Craft ink and White embossing powder.

Embossing with white embossing powder is about the only way to get a true white image on darker cardstock. When embossing words it is important to use a light touch when inking and stamping. Too much pressure will cause the ink to smoosh out, making the words run together and smaller letter like "o" to come out as a solid circle.

I had Mary do a draw for the Sweet Treat cups and the winner is Debbie. Congratulations Debbie.

2 comments:

  1. Navy blue and white are such a classy combination of colors! Beautiful winter scene!
    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combination, I find the white really shows up well on the blue. I love the Sweet Treat Cups.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete